[tor-relays] Tor website overhaul -- who deserves punishment?

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Thu Mar 28 03:24:11 UTC 2019

On 03/27/2019 03:50 PM, Dave Warren wrote:
> On 2019-03-27 16:34, Mirimir wrote:
>> On 03/27/2019 09:10 AM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
>>> Not sure if this is the right place to vent, but here goes:
>>>
>>> Whoever changed the Tor website's design seems to a) have a serious
>>> vision impairment and b) done his utmost to hide access to the Tor
>>> source code.
>>>
>>> I think the site feels dumbed down to cater only to those with the
>>> shortest attention spans (and bad eyesight) now. Also, as a relay and
>>> exit operator, I care most about the source code and documentation, not
>>> some management summary.
>>>
>>> Was there no QA process involved before rolling out the new website?
>>>
>>> Annoyed,
>>> Ralph
>>
>> Well, it's obviously targeted at mobile devices.
>>
>> And it's too bad that there's no link to a desktop version.
>
> Works fine from my desktop. Perhaps you have your browser window sized
> to mimic a mobile device?

I didn't say that it didn't "work". I said that it's "targeted at mobile
devices". And it obviously is. Narrow. Huge typefaces. Huge images.

And worse, it doesn't even flow into multiple columns with large
windows. It all just gets bigger. Even I could hack that, and I'm no web
developer. See https://vpntesting.info/. In mobile devices, it's one
column. In desktops, it's two columns.