[tor-relays] Tor Relay Operators Needs

Ian Zimmerman itz at very.loosely.org
Thu Jun 21 20:14:10 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-21 08:25, Matthew Glennon wrote:

> Relays intending to act as Guards choose port 443 because it (and 80) are
> usually reachable in the tightest of network security situations (where
> traffic destined for most all other ports is blocked at the
> gateway/firewall.) At least that's my reasoning for it.

I run a bridge [1] on other ports (9030 and 9001).  How much would it
help to move it to port 80?  I think at the time I configured it I still
had a normal http server on port 80, but this no longer applies.

By the way: why can I not see the ports (under OR Addresses) or anything
under Transport protocols in the metrics listing?

[1]
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/EEB31B5D6DE98CFA1C3243DA0E7CFDAA08D53593