[tor-relays] What is the different between Tor browser and Tor source code

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Mon Jun 11 00:29:14 UTC 2018

On 06/10/2018 01:42 AM, dave` dave wrote:
>  i guess you have not understand me right:
> i downloaded the source code and i had few changes and i compiled it
> without errors.
> now i want to use my new source code that i created:
> how can i do that, never used source code before its a new thing for me.

OK, so you have a custom tor binary, assuming that your code compiled.
As Georg said, you just replace the tor binary in the browser bundle
with your custom tor binary. In tor-browser-linux64-7.5.5_en-US, that
would be /tor-browser_en-US/Browser/TorBrowser/Tor/tor.

However, even if you get that far, there's no guarantee that it'll work.
There are features in the Tor network to protect against attacks, and
your changes might trigger them.