[tor-relays] Question: systematic hacking on my social media accounts

Dave Warren dw at thedave.ca
Sun Jan 14 07:03:26 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-12 18:07, Paul Templeton wrote:
> They got into my Facebook page (Haven't used it for years) - Seems that they got access via really old personal questions that family have provided them via their online posts - ie happy birthday now that you are this old... and hows your dog m#### doing and my mum listing her maiden name etc. I can't get it through to people to stop them from having public profiles... SIGH. Mean while they have to put up with girly pics or unfriend me as i'm not interested in the account.

Why would you place your security in the hands of people who may or may
not remember what data they are supposed to hide, and who have no vested
interest in guessing which parts should or should not be used?

Hint: You don't need to answer security questions honestly, just record
what you answered for future reference. An randomly generated
alphanumeric password is just as good as "spot" for the name of your
first pet from Facebook's perspective, but a lot more secure for you.