[tor-relays] Testers needed for Nyx beta release

Sebastian Hahn mail at sebastianhahn.net
Tue Oct 31 00:57:29 UTC 2017

> On 31. Oct 2017, at 00:19, Damian Johnson <atagar at torproject.org> wrote:
>
>> I think I've found a bug with the Connections pane. nyx appears to munge all
>> the connections into "outbound", like:
>>
>>  Connections (4852 outbound, 1 control):
>>
>> Whereas arm on the same system displays them correctly like:
>>
>>  Connections (2196 inbound, 2651 outbound, 1 control):
>
> Oops, great catch! Turned out that we were generally failing to pick
> up non-outbound connections at all due to a bug in Stem. Fixed...
>
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/stem.git/commit/?id=8772dbe

Hi,

I'm afraid that's still buggy for some ipv4 configurations and ipv6
complicates this logic massively. I haven't looked at the code in
detail nor do I understand why it might be important to know about
local ports, but for ipv4 all of 127/8 should be considered local.

For IPv6, you have :: for "bind everything" (like 0.0.0.0), you have
::1 for localhost, but you also have the (awesome!) concept of
link-local addresses to be aware of (fe80::/10). Since I don't
exactly know how the logic in Stem works here, you may need to check
for that, too.

Let me know if anything above needs more explanation :)

Cheers
Sebastian