[tor-relays] Running both Transmission server and Tor relay

Ch1keen ch1keen at protonmail.com
Sat Oct 7 13:46:13 UTC 2017

Transmission is the open source torrent application which supports web-based interface. So when users upload torrent files from other computers to that server, it automatically downloads files written in torrent files.

I used that at my home server, but I'd like to use my server as Tor relay also.

But as many knows, running BitTorrent over Tor is really bad idea. It seriously harms security of Tor network. So I thought about the solution about how to use them simultaneously.

1. One machine, Two services.
If that situation not harms the security, I will use them on one machine.

2. Two machines, Two services.
Running that services one machine to one service to avoid the crashes between two.

3. Gave up running one service.
If really no way to run both, I will gave up running Transmission service.

Which could be best solution I will make?

Sent from ProtonMail mobile