[tor-relays] Running both Transmission server and Tor relay

Robert Keizer robert at keizer.ca
Sat Oct 7 14:07:16 UTC 2017

Hey Ch1keen,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you'd like to run both a Tor relay (
thanks! ) and a torrent client on the same machine? This shouldn't cause
any problems if the relay you are running is not an exit relay. Even if
it is, I don't think you would see too much degradation on the torrent
side of things.

You should have no problem running both of them on your network as long
as you don't route your torrent traffic over Tor. To do this, you would
have to configure transmission to use a particular proxy.

Bottom line, you shouldn't have any issues running transmission and a
relay on the same machine, so long as you don't route torrent traffic
over the Tor network.

Does this answer your question?

All the best,
Rob