[tor-relays] Web server and TOR bridge at same IP:port

Green Dream greendream848 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 17:50:01 UTC 2016

I don't think you will be able to bind two daemons to the same TCP port
(443).

Maybe you could have something else listening on TCP port 443 and passing
the requests onto both places?

You might be able to put a single reverse proxy in front on that port, and
have that proxy send the requests to the correct daemon on the backend, but
I have no idea how to actually set that up. Most common reverse proxy
software (like nginx) isn't designed to understand or handle Tor or
pluggable transports like obfs4.

There may be some application aware ("layer 4") firewalls that could do
something like this too, but I don't think it would be straightforward.
Also I'm not sure inspecting Tor packets (in order to determine they're Tor
packets) is a good idea... or if that could even work since the packets
will be obfuscated.

Just thinking out loud... but this seems like a difficult to implement idea.