[tor-relays] Any security tips on running a TOR relay?

Tristan supersluether at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:53:58 UTC 2016

Just finished setting up UFW on my exit node. Outgoing traffic is allowed,
incoming traffic is blocked except for SSH, OrPort, and DirPort. According
to arm, Tor is still getting traffic, but I'm seeing a lot of blocked
incoming connections on random high-numbered ports. Did I do something
wrong? Tor should only be using OrPort and DirPort, so I'm not sure where
all this other traffic is coming from.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 12:52 PM, Green Dream <greendream848 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Tristan: yep, I was assuming a non-exit. Although sure, you can block
> incoming traffic without affecting outbound traffic with a stateful
> firewall like iptables.

Finding information, passing it along. ~SuperSluether