[tor-relays] Any security tips on running a TOR relay?

Green Dream greendream848 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 23:00:09 UTC 2016

That's my setup as well. My UFW looks like:

To                         Action      From
--                         ------      ----
80/tcp                     ALLOW       Anywhere
443/tcp                    ALLOW       Anywhere
xxx/tcp                   ALLOW       Anywhere

I have my DirPort set to 80 and ORPort on 443. The last line is my ssh port
(I didn't want to broadcast it).

I also see the same type of blocked incoming packets. It's never been a
problem. I think it's just the nature of the stateful firewall. Once
connections are closed and no longer in the state table, additional packets
are getting denied. That's my lazy/gut explanation, I don't have more time
to think about it at the moment, but I don't think it's anything to worry
about.