[tor-relays] Unmetered brandwith hosting

Andrew Deason adeason at dson.org
Mon Apr 11 04:38:28 UTC 2016

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 22:09:37 +0100 (BST)
Michael Canning <mcanning-U9Wk5GcosNvR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I use Flokinet (https://flokinet.is). They are pretty awesome and
> their starting VPS is unmetered, although you will have to throttle
> your relay to around 100 Mbps.

While I use and generally like flokinet, their VPS offerings are not
truely unmetered as you might think from their website. They complained
when I used over 10TB in a month, and told me to ease up on the
bandwidth (which I have) for "fair use" of the connection. A completely
saturated 100 mbps connection would yield around 30TB in a month, I
believe.

For an actual VPS unmetered connection on flokinet, they asked for an
additional 1 euro/month per mbps.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason at dson.org