[tor-relays] Questions about GUI monitor

Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> bastik.tor at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 14 09:34:07 UTC 2015

14.06.2015, 10:18 nks nks:
> Dear Sir/Madam:

Hello,

> [...]
>
> 1. For Debian, is there any pure Tor service monitoring and analyzing
> software for the local machine (not the entire Tor network), with/without a
> GUI ?

You might be interested in arm [1].

> 2. Does "Vidalia" really end developing?  May I ask why? May I install the
> "Vidalia" which is still could be found in the Debian apt system?

Depends on what you call "end of development". Vidalia has no
maintainer, no one is working on it, fixing stuff, etc. That's why it is
no longer shipped with Tor.

I assume that if someone would be stepping up to work on Vidalia again,
there would be official releases again, even though they might not be
bundled with Tor anymore.

Someone could fork Vidalias' code and create his/her own Tor monitor.
Since it is open source others can use it.

So development has not ended ultimately, there is just no development in
this regard at the moment.

I'm unaware if Vidalia is still operational in its current state.

> [...]

Best regards,
Sebastian G.

[1] https://www.atagar.com/arm/