[tor-relays] Consensus weight dropped

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Wed Jan 21 12:45:54 UTC 2015

On 21/01/15 13:35, Network Operations Center wrote:
> Ah I see, thanks for taking the time investigating this. If there
> is something I need to do to help, please let me know.

You could start a second relay on the same physical machine on a
different port and see whether the bandwidth scanners pick that up.
Give it a day or two, and see if only tor26 and moria1 measure it.

You can find out the latter by fetching the latest votes from all
directory authorities and searching for your nickname and subsequent
"w" lines in them:

https://collector.torproject.org/recent/relay-descriptors/votes/

And of course you'll notice on Atlas whether the consensus weight
fraction of your new relay will be 0.00000% or not.

All the best,
Karsten

It feels as if I am almost completely dependent on that blue node,