[tor-relays] Guidelines for lifetime of a bridge?

starlight.2015q3 at binnacle.cx starlight.2015q3 at binnacle.cx
Sun Aug 16 18:49:37 UTC 2015

Five, ten days?  I ran a bridge at a provider
where IP addresses are easy to release and
replace with new ones.  Seems to take the
censors in China, Iran, Pakistan, etc less
than a week to find and block new bridge
IPs.

I gave up in frustration.  Meek is
a better solution but is not something
an individual can readily put into
operation.  China has cracked down
on all GFW bypasses rather successfully,
including VPN providers who have a
strong financial incentive to
succeed.  Iran is nearly as good.

I find running a relay more satisfying