[tor-relays] Ask Me Anything on Reddit about Tor

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Tue Mar 11 07:44:48 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-11 08:13 , Jesse Victors wrote:
> ... Since I run some relays and a couple of exits ..

>From a trust perspective you effectively only run one (1) though ;).

As they are operated by one entity and also are in the same location
(IP-wise in the same /24), the latter will make Tor only use it once in
a connection, thus either they will relay or they will exit or not use
your set at all. Thus nothing bad there.

You seem to also not have configured the "Family" field[1], you might
want to do that.

You did set the contact field similar; which makes me think, should Tor
check that and maybe make a decision based on that info? (same as [1],
baddies will avoid that).

>From reading the rest of the AMA, I think you did a good thing with
answers! Great work!

You might want to point to it from the Stackoverflow thingie:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/tor

Greets,
 Jeroen

  (no time for reddit and similar thing, thus no acct,
   but otherwise you would have gotten a few points from me
   for that thread)

[1] the jury is still out on this, as a baddies of course will not set
it either and then it won't show up and afaik there was discussion on
removing it as it does not help too much.