[tor-relays] Ask Me Anything on Reddit about Tor

Jesse Victors jvictors at jessevictors.com
Tue Mar 11 07:13:01 UTC 2014

I recently held an Ask Me Anything on Reddit about Tor. For those that
don't know, Reddit is famous for its AMAs, wherein someone unique or
otherwise interesting will introduce themselves and then the community
gets a chance to ask questions and learn. Traditionally it's been used
as an excellent way of asking the questions that you never get an
opportunity to ask. We've seen everyone from Chris Hadfield to Barack
Obama give AMAs. Since I run some relays and a couple of exits I figured
I'd give it a shot, and there was quite the turnout! I got responses
from all over the world, and I strongly feel that it was a very
educational moment for everyone. The main thread was voted on by about a
thousand people, but many Redditors don't log on so I'd say that many
thousands of people read it. The thread is still ongoing and I'll
continue to answer questions as they arrive, but I figured that I'd
share it with everyone since it's winding down. Pretty cool news moment
for Tor, and should help clear up some misconceptions and correct public
perceptions.

https://pay.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/20243q/iaman_operator_of_eight_tor_relays_including_two/

Thanks guys.
Jesse V.