[tor-relays] Exit Relay on VPS by WEDOS

dope457 dope457 at riseup.net
Tue Mar 4 07:49:28 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have been running Exit Relay for the last three months on VPS by czech
company WEDOS. Even though I reduced exit policy (
https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/F12AFDB3FEC184E76944579579F762F1142C7ED2
) there were two "attacks" from this relay accompanied by abuse reports.

1) Jan 15 02:46:21 65.20.0.47 pop3: Failed password from 31.31.78.141
2) Dear Administrator, The CSIRT.CZ Intrusion Detection System has
recorded connection attempt(s)from your hosts to our honeypots. This may
indicate a security risk for your network and for the whole Internet.
Would you please investigate this and/or inform all parties responsible
that the following system(s)may be compromised?

Both times I quickly replied with explanation it is Tor relay and offering
further steps to do in case it is not going to stop.

Today, few weeks from last incident, they just pulled out ethernet cable
from my VPS and I am not sure what to do. I would like to contribute to
the Tor network with this Exit and not just as a middle relay.

Thanks for any suggestions,
dope457