[tor-relays] Relay reading more than it writes??

Rupert Roe rupert.j.roe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 09:03:37 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I recently started running these two relays on raspberry Pis in the UK:

http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=515a9887a426c1dc2bb4b9b1b84ff5736da97e3f

http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=e3e6a7de02caa12ac57128844c04595cd44d1b54

Both of my relays seem to consistently read more from the network than they write, and I can't figure out why. Are my relays dropping loads of packets? If so is that harming the speed or reliability of the network? Why are my relays doing this when other ones seem to have a perfect read / write balance??

If anyone has any ideas why this is happening or how I could troubleshoot the issue I'd be really grateful!

Thanks,

Rupert