[tor-relays] Bridge Operators - Heartbleed, Heartwarming, and Increased Help

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Fri Apr 25 10:15:40 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-25 12:09 , David Stainton wrote:
>> Let us know if/when obfsproxy runs on CentOS.
>
> Why would anyone want to use CentOS?
> Obviously this is a rhetorical question since there isn't a good
> reason to use CentOS
> instead of say Debian... AND if someone gave me access to thousands of
> CentOS servers
> for the purpose of running tor relays I would immediately want to
> change their distro to Debian.

Or easier: make a chroot with in that a Debian install.

Then you can run all Debian stuff easily, without having to bother with
CentOS/RHEL/Fedora/etc...

Just make sure that you disable most services and/or keep these upgraded.

For a public relay you will want to do that anyway, as these hosts will
be scanned by external "friendly" people.

Greets,
 Jeroen