[tor-relays] Announcing the removal of Tor v0.2.2.x relays

Nusenu BM-2D8wMEVgGVY76je1WXNPfo8SrpZt5yGHES at bitmessage.ch
Mon Apr 21 20:14:25 UTC 2014

> https://consensus-health.torproject.org/ indicates that three
> authorities are running the patch, so six aren't. If two of those
> six went offline, that's enough for the remaining authorities to
> not put together a majority of Running votes for the 0.2.2.x
> relays. It happens that two of those six (turtles and dannenberg)
> *did* go offline while they were waiting to do the openssl bug
> cleanup.

Roger, thank you for your clarifications.

While thinking about that process and the "Recommended Versions"
voting I was wondering if it would make more sense to have dirauths
vote on the oldest acceptable tor version on the network like they
vote already for "Recommended Versions", so removing version x relays
would be editing a config file on the dirauths instead of a code change.

These days when trying to reach affected relay operators (whether it
is heartbleed or tor v0.2.2.x) I was wondering if you are also using
the Tor weather DB to find ways to contact relay operators if they do
not have ContactInfo set, but have an weather subscription associated
with their relay FP.

(regardless of the fact that a subscriber is not necessarily the
owner/operator of the relay)