[tor-relays] Clarification regardind business as usual

Sebastian Urbach sebastian at urbach.org
Wed Apr 9 16:30:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

I want to clarify my mail from earlier today regarding the recovery of the
network / relays.

I wrote that i expect business as usual within 2-3 days for the vast
majority of the relays. That does not mean that everything is the way it
was before.

When the content of the /keys directory is gone you have basically a new
relay and therefore the process of getting flags starts from scratch.

Roger posted an excellent article regarding the life cycle of relays:

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/lifecycle-of-a-new-relay
--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Sincerely yours

Sebastian Urbach

Those who would give up essential Liberty,
to purchase a little temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.