[tor-relays] Checking my Tor bridge and adventage of dynamic ip addresses

nobleeightfoldpath at lavabit.com nobleeightfoldpath at lavabit.com
Fri Jul 19 09:05:15 UTC 2013

Hi list members, Iam kinda new to Tor and decided to run a relay and
found heavy traffic on my router. No prob, but after reading the
documentation and some discussion boards I decided to make internet
access possible for people living in censorship and run a bridge on
Linux without Vidalia and other x related apps.

I use "Arm" to check the Tor daemon activities.

The bridge runs a few days and I see: flags: no, and there is nearly
zero traffic, avg 1.4 Kbs, mostly 0. Arm displays connections and I see
some IP addresses, 2 circuits. And often just - nothing. Obviously Tor
is running, but Iam afraid that my config isn't useful... How can I
check my bridge is really working?

Another question comes up. I use a cable connection to my ISP and they
don't change my IP address, until plugging off my modem and wait an
hour... I think if my bridge IP address is some day on some black lists,
it could be an adventage if my IP address changes, right? If so, what
changing time is fine, every day?

Regards