[tor-relays] How does CERT-FI know my SOCKS4 port?

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Wed Jul 10 13:57:12 UTC 2013

My ISP recently sent to me a CERT-FI auto-report on malware-infected
servers in my ISP's address space.  I was send this report because my IP
address was among those flagged.  My entry looks like this:

51765|aa.bbb.ccc.dd|2013-07-08 02:39:23 +0000|||Proxy|743230|Datasource:
C, Type: SOCKS4 (9050)

I am wondering how CERT-FI knows about this port.  This is a snippet of
my relay config:

OutboundBindAddress aa.bbb.ccc.dd
ORPort [aa.bbb.ccc.dd]:443
DirPort [aa.bbb.ccc.dd]:80
SocksPort [127.0.0.1]:9050

Given that my SOCKS port is bound to localhost, how does CERT-FI know
about it?

(For more info on the auto-reporter, go to
https://www.cert.fi/en/autoreporter/autoreporter.html and log into it
with this username/password: auto/reporter)

Thanks.