[tor-relays] about setting up a tor exit node

esolve esolve esolvepolito at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:43:58 UTC 2012

Hi, thanks for the instruction.
I'm using an external IP, not a private one

I think
nc -lp
is used for listening on a specified port, however, on my machine I tried
bash-4.2$ nc -l -p 3355
usage: nc [-46CDdhklnrStUuvz] [-I length] [-i interval] [-O length]
      [-P proxy_username] [-p source_port] [-s source] [-T ToS]
      [-V rtable] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_protocol]
      [-x proxy_address[:port]] [destination] [port]

bash-4.2$ nc -lp 3355
usage: nc [-46CDdhklnrStUuvz] [-I length] [-i interval] [-O length]
      [-P proxy_username] [-p source_port] [-s source] [-T ToS]
      [-V rtable] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_protocol]
      [-x proxy_address[:port]] [destination] [port]

it seems that this command doesn't work

I have no idea on "primer.example.com"
and I cant open it in browser
can you explain it a bit? thanks!