[tor-relays] What to do about icecat.biz abuse complaints?

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Sat Apr 14 11:46:49 UTC 2012

I'm using the Reduced Exit Policy (see: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/ReducedExitPolicy?format=txt) which does include port 8000, but shows that service as iRDMI.

I usually associate "streaming software" with video or audio.  What icecat.biz does (I have had to learn much more than I wanted to about them) is to provide manufacturer's documentation.  I guess the "cat" is for catalog.

Blocking the IP associated with icecat.biz is the first thing I did.  That didn't stop the abuse reports.  It seems that they have servers distributed all over the world, and the reports don't say what server experienced the abuse.

Thanks for the response.