[tor-relays] possible bad exit or bad circuit

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Sat Jul 23 18:14:47 UTC 2011

cmeclax-sazri <cmeclax-sazri at ixazon.dynip.com> wrote:

> I was browsing a website that I hang out on all the time, and it came up
> with a Privoxy forwarding failure error.

Posting the error message with the problem description would have helped.

>                                          I tried another website and got
> the same error. I restarted Privoxy; didn't fix it.

I'd be surprised if it did. Forwarding failures are unlikely
to be solved (or even worked around) by restarting the HTTP
proxy.

Restarting Tor is more likely to work around it,
but of course it's not a real solution either.

>                                                     I brought up Vidalia
> and looked at the circuits. The one listed above was first; when I
> attempted to view the website, it added a line with the name of the
> website, labeled Closed, which quickly disappeared. I closed the circuit
> and refreshed the website and it came up.

With the information provided so far, I see no reason to
blame the circuit or the exit.

Fabian