[tor-qa] Tor on Mac

Chris clucko3 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 21:52:07 UTC 2016

A while ago I edited the torrc file on my Mac to only use exit nodes in the
USA.
Since then there were some updates to TOR and there is no torrc file
anymore. I deleted the TOR browser appp multiple times and reinstalled but
when I look at the package content of the torbrowser there is no torrc
file. I also tried looking elsewhere on my mac for the torrc file but it is
nowhere. I looked in folders that were suggested by posts I found online
and I looked in other folders.
Once I checked the log created when I start the TOR browser and there was
something that said "no torrc found - using defaults".
I also tried copying a torrc file into the torbrowser package but no matter
what I do the browser still defaults to USA exit nodes.
I can't reset this to default because there is no torrc file.
Please help.