[tor-qa] 3.5.1, this time with arabic bundles (and new addons)

Katya Titov kattitov at yandex.com
Fri Jan 17 09:00:07 UTC 2014

Mike Perry:
> We decided to delay this release for the arabic bundles and for a
> security fix to OpenSSL. New buids are at:
> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/3.5.1/
>
> Here's the changelog:
>  * All Platforms
>    * Bug 10447: Remove SocksListenAddress to allow multiple socks
> ports.
>    * Bug 10464: Remove addons.mozilla.org from NoScript whitelist
>    * Update Torbutton to 1.6.5.4
>      * Bug 9486: Clear NoScript Temporary Permissions on New Identity
>      * Bug 10403: Include Arabic translations
>    * Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.4.2
>      * Bug 10403: Include Arabic translations
>    * Update Tor to 0.2.4.20
>    * Update OpenSSL to 1.0.1f
>    * Update NoScript to 2.6.8.12
>    * Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 3.4.5
>  * Windows
>    * Bug 9259: Enable Accessibility (screen reader) support
>  * Mac
>    * misc: Update bundle version field in Info.plist (for MacUpdates
>    * service)

Testing: tor-browser-linux64-3.5_en-US.tar.xz
Platform: Debian 7.3
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz

Components:
 - Tor v0.2.4.20 (git-3cb5c70beec5bf46)
 - Libevent 2.0.21-stable
 - OpenSSL 1.0.1f
 - Firefox: ESR 24.2.0

System Tray Icon: present with vidalia-standalone
Network Map: present with vidalia-standalone
New ID without losing tabs: yes with vidalia-standalone

TBB Launches successfully: yes
Connects to the Tor network: yes
Browser toolbars and menus work, tab dragging works: yes

All extensions are present and functional: yes
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 3.4.5
 - NoScript 2.6.8.12
 - TorButton 1.6.5.4
 - TorLauncher 0.2.4.3

WebBrowsing works as expected
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work (http://videojs.com/)
 - http://ip-check.info/?lang=en - ok
 - https://panopticlick.eff.org/ - unique among 946,480, 19.85 bits of
                                   identifying information

SOCKS/external apps work as expected: yes
Uses a bridge: yes

Working well!
--
kat