[tor-qa] Fwd: [tor-talk] OSX sandbox available for tbb3 (10.9 only)

Andreas Jonsson andreas at romab.com
Mon Nov 18 19:33:15 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-18 19:57, Erinn Clark wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I know we have a few people on this list who use OSX 10.9 and also that many of
> you have been very helpful with testing lately. If you're bored with just
> running my fantastic bundles, this could be a new fun project for you to test.
> Andreas has made some sandbox profiles for OSX 10.9 + TBB 3.0 and it would be
> great if he could get some feedback on them. It doesn't need to be anything
> complex -- just "this makes my TBB behave funny in ways I don't understand"
> would be meaningful for a start.
>
> For anyone not yet on 10.9, I believe he will be working to extend the
> sandboxes to other versions soon.
>
> I'd really appreciate it if you could help him out! Feel free to follow up on
> list with questions or comments.
>
> Erinn

Hi list.

As I do not really know what your acceptable tradeoff levels are for
security vs convenience, I would really appreciate the feedback.

I would also like to add that it is OK to also complain about workflow
things breaking. Please also rate how important this is for you, if you
feel ok to do so :-)

Examples:
Tbb do not longer allow drag-and-drop
Tbb do not allow me view previews of files in the "open file"-dialog
Tbb only allows me to save and upload files, but i want it to also
handle my external drive/thumb drive.

Be aware of that the sandbox is in debug mode, so it logs a bit more
than it will once it is done.

Very hard to troubleshoot why it isnt working properly unless it is in
debug mode :) (log file is /var/log/system.log), should anyone be
curious. If this is problematic/show stopper/undesirable, i will create
a new release with no debug.

BR
andreas