[tor-project] Rhatto's Monthly Status Report, April 2024

rhatto rhatto at torproject.org
Fri May 3 13:30:43 UTC 2024

Hi all :)

This is my monthly status report for April 2024 with the main relevant
activities I have done during the period.

## 0. Research

## 1. Development

* Onionspray Log Parser, a log file parser for proxy-based onionsites:
  * Released version 2.0.0:
    https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onionspray-log-parser/-/blob/main/ChangeLog.md?ref_type=heads#v200-2024-04-02

* Onion Launchpad, a landing page for onionsites:
  * Released version 1.0.0  with enhancements such as a privacy policy and
    improvements in the optional metrics aggregation:
    https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onion-launchpad/-/milestones/1

* Onionprobe, an Onion Service monitoring suite:
  * Released version 1.2.0 with many fixes and enhancements:
    https://forum.torproject.org/t/onionprobe-release-1-2-0/12442

* Oniongroove, an upcoming Onion Services manager:
  * Worked on the prototype:
    https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/oniongroove/-/issues/3

  * Right now this prototype works only as a simple rewriting proxy for
    existing websites, but it's being helpful to test Arti and other tools.

## 2. Support

* Ongoing sponsored work with deployment, maintenance and monitoring of Onion
  Services.

* Did some other support related to setting up Onion Services.

## 3. Organization

Time spent (from the total available for Tor-related work):

--
Silvio Rhatto
pronouns he/him