[tor-project] May 18th Meeting Notes for SPONSOR 58 - Tor Browser Security, Performance, & Usability Improvements
gaba at torproject.org
Mon May 18 18:59:48 UTC 2020
We are meeting every Monday at 18UTC via voice in a BBB room to
coordinate the work related to Sponsor 58, where we are completing the
migration of Tor Browser for Android from Fennec to Fenix. You can
read more about it at
Parent ticket: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/33664
If you want to participate in this meetings please send us a message
about how to join.
The pad we are using is: https://pad.riseup.net/p/_kbebKhZvNcUuqxQL5NV
And here are the pad's notes:
NEXT MEETING: MAY 25TH AT 18UTC IN BBB
please own a ticket when you start working on it.
(any block from last week review, reviews not assigned yet) -> #27105
and #30832 not ready yet but geko will start reviewing it. -> #33932 and
#34013 will be taken by ahf.
Look at what people need help with.
- finished all of the toolchain migration for projects already in
tor-browser-build and addressed first review comments)
(#34187, #33626, #33973, #33564, #33561, #33563, #33558, #33559)
- made progress on review of acat's rebase work (#33533)
- looked a bit over dependencies we want to keep/rip out (#33939)
- wire up geckoview into fenix
- update android-components build patch and wire custom one into
fenix as well
- finish review of acat's rebase work (#33533)
Blocked on decision for #33939
- #30832: Fix tor-browser tbb-tests
- Tested fix for https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/issues/19102
- Revised and landed dns leak uplift followup
- #34196: Update site info URL with the onion name
Bug 34206: Tor Launcher button labels are missing (Firefox 76)
Bug 34209: about:tor and about:tbupdate fail to load in debug
build of Tor Browser
Bug 34164: Tor Launcher hangs with 33533+5 branch
- Fix intermittent test failure for
- Try to run some tor-browser tests in try.
- #30832 followup (tbb-testsuite).
Week of 11/05 actually:
- DNS proposal and changes being discussed on
tor-dev at lists.torproject.org.
- Sent revised patches for TROVE-2020-001 with Taylor's
- Got OnionBrowser to build and reproduced the iOS Tor 0.4.2+ issue.
- Done with emails from April.
- Review of various patches for tor.git.
- Managed to reproducibly compile GeKo's geckoview patches on
- Code review of GeKo's geckoview patches to Tor Browser
(#33626, #33973, #33113).
Not blocked on anything.
Week of 18/05 planned:
- Write documentation for `Onion-Location:` for nginx.
- Continue to work with the browser folks.
- Hopefully nail down the iOS bug.
- Thursday and/or Friday is a public holiday here in DK that I
might make use of.
Last week - 5/11:
- Got TBB building in Ubuntu 'multipass' vms
(https://multipass.run/). Is pretty
- Congestion control, FlashFlow proposal, TorFlow #33871 help,
org discussion email
- Got diffs of gecko-dev for proxy audit
This week - 5/18:
- gecko-dev proxy audit
Last week - 11 May:
Mostly reviewed patches and preparation for 9.5a13
Release prep for 9.5a13 and reviewing #31918
- please own a ticket when you start working on it.
- Tickets for AHF - 33973 and 33626 - O2.2 with geko
- Review ux-team tickets and set timelines -> #33658 is the first
issue to solve in June
only #30832 needs a review
- #33534 is still owned by pospeselr
What did you do last week?
Anything anybody is block on?
What is the plan for this week?
- Got Fenix compiled on desktop and laptop with Android dev
- Moved the build to remote build host.
- Started looking at the TB tickets we apply on top of Firefox.
- Not blocked on anything, but I am interested in which tickets
we should allocate to me.
- Look into the build-system patches from GeKo. Test and review.
Tor Browser releases
(Some) S58 ticket triage
Make progress on setting up replacement Nightly build machine
#33939 - Decide which components of Fenix to rip out, disable,
Catch up on status of tickets
- worked on lots of toolchain tickets and put a bunch of them into
(#33557, #33561, #33626, #33760, #33833, #33973, #34011, #34012,
#34013, #34014, testing currently #33801 and figuring out issues in #33563)
- I started to look at writing the script for toolchain changes
- I started to look into #33939 to unblock me but I can't make a
decision here alone
- I looked into glueing mozilla-beta into fenix/android-components
- I looked into fallout from rebasing to mozilla-beta (#34145) and
worked around it
- review of acat's rebased patches (#33533)
- Still on a decision for #33939
- finishing #33801 and #33563
- trying to finish review of acat's rebased patches (#33533)
- glueing the different components together
- setting up missing projects in tor-browser-build (likely
android-components) at least
#31918: Rebase and squash mobile and desktop patches
#33533: Rebase Tor Browser patches to 77 beta
#34125: Fix torbutton proxy api due to change in Firefox 77.
#33962: Uplift patch for 5741 (dns leak protection)
Started working on #27105: Fix Tor Browser testsuite
Not blocked, but not sure whether working on #27105 (Fix Tor
Browser testsuite) is the right priority, or I should switch to
#27105: Fix Tor Browser testsuite
she/her are my pronouns
GPG Fingerprint EE3F DF5C AD91 643C 21BE 8370 180D B06C 59CA BD19
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project