[tor-project] minutes from the sysadmin meeting
anarcat at torproject.org
Mon May 11 21:26:18 UTC 2020
# Roll call: who's there and emergencies
anarcat and hiro, tons of emergencies:
* trac spam (#34175)
* ganeti crash (#34185)
# Part-time work schedule
We're splitting the week in two, so far anarcat takes the beginning
and hiro the end, for now. This might vary from one week to the next.
The handover, or "change of guard" happens during our weekly mumble
meeting, which has been moved to 1400UTC, on Wednesdays.
# Roadmap review
We reviewed the sysadmin roadmap at:
Since we're in reduced capacity, the following things were removed
from the roadmap:
* website migration to lektor (#33115) -- should be handled by the
* solr search (#33106) -- same, although it does need support from
the sysadmin team, we don't have enough cycles for this
* puppetize nagios (#32901) -- part of the installer automation, not
* automate installs (#31239) -- same, but moved to october so we can
check in progress then
The ganeti cluster work got delayed one month, but we have our spare
month to cover for that. We'll let anarcat do the install of
fsn-node-06 to get that back on track, but hiro will learn how to
setup a new node with (hopefully) fsn-node-07 next.
The listera retirement (#33276), moly migration (#29974) and cymru
hardware setup (#29397) are similarly postponed, but hopefully to june
(although this will likely carry over to october, if ever).
# Next meeting
Change of guard on 1400UTC wednesday May 20th, no minutes.
Formal meetings are switched to the first *wednesday* of the month,
at 1400. So the next formal meeting will be on Wenesday June 3rd at
# Metrics of the month
* hosts in Puppet: 74, LDAP: 78, Prometheus exporters: 120
* number of apache servers monitored: 30, hits per second: 164
* number of nginx servers: 2, hits per second: 2, hit ratio: 0.88
* number of self-hosted nameservers: 6, mail servers: 10
* pending upgrades: 0, reboots: 33
* average load: 0.55, memory available: 358.27 GiB/949.25 GiB,
running processes: 383
* bytes sent: 210.09 MB/s, received: 121.47 MB/s
* planned buster upgrades completion date: 2020-08-01
Upgrade prediction graph still lives at https://help.torproject.org/tsa/howto/upgrades/
Now also available as the main Grafana dashboard. Head to
<https://grafana.torproject.org/>, change the time period to 30 days,
and wait a while for results to render.
torproject.org system administration
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the tor-project