[tor-project] Have "anything goes" blog post?

Matthew Finkel sysrqb at torproject.org
Wed Jun 17 22:05:13 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 10:45:33AM -0700, Philipp Winter wrote:
> We have many comments on our blog that are unrelated to the respective
> blog post but still bring up reasonable topics.  To make it easier for
> our users to be heard, why not have an "anything goes" blog post once a
> month?  A user suggested this idea over here:
> <https://blog.torproject.org/comment/288185#comment-288185>
>
> The idea is for users to comment on any topic as long as it's not in
> violation of our blog comment policy (minus the "on topic" requirement):
> <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/community/blog-comment-policy>
> Hopefully, this will give our users an opportunity to talk about
> problems they have, ask us questions, and request features.
>
> How does that sound?  I can draft the blog post and help moderate
> comments but would appreciate a few people helping with that.  I propose
> June 26th -- the last Friday this month.  I suggest giving it a shot as
> a one-off experiment and repeat if it goes well.

I agree with Antonela that Drupal blog comments are not an ideal medium
(putting it nicely) for an interaction like this with other people.
However, we don't have a better platform right now, and this is
important, so I agree trying this as a one-off experiment is worth the
(potential) pain. I can help you with this.