[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes 16 January 2020
cohosh at torproject.org
Thu Jan 16 18:23:53 UTC 2020
Here is our meeting log:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday January 16th 18:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 18:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
Our anti-censorship roadmap:
Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
The anti-censorship team's wiki page:
Tickets that need reviews:
Projects from sponsors we are working on:
--- January 16th 2020 ---
== Announcements ==
We have a roadmapping meeting next Tuesday (January 21st) at 17UTC
== Discussion ==
Anyone want to mentor a student developer during the summer? We have
time to apply until early February.
Ideas from last year:
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
TCP congestion control algorithm may make a difference for users
behind bad links. May be worth studying. Ask students?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to
- Something you may need help with.
Hiro: (last updated before 2020-01-09)
Started restoring Twitter Responder.
When retrieving tweets I need to check for new tweets only
otherwise Gettor will end up responding to old back log and already
answered messages. <-- is this #27330 ?
- Work on gettor specs <-- Is this #3781?
- More with review of strings and website content and translation
This week (2020-01-16):
Started implementing BridgeDB side of #31874
Reviewed design of https://github.com/ooni/probe-engine/pull/227
Helped with creating RACECAR progress report
Added go.mod and go.sum to bridgestrap
Wrote trip report of talk at FH Hagenberg and visit at JKU Linz
Added another default bridge from Denmark
Attended sponsor 30 meeting and TTP meeting
Helping with grant writing.
Wrap up #31874
Last week (Jan 6th):
getting up to speed in mails/trac
This week (planned):
preparing roadmap session
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-01-16
- finished gitlab gettor fixes(#32711)
- thought about gsoc projects
- updated gettor survival guide
- created and made progress on snowflake throughput checks (#32938)
- reviewed and debugged more issues with gettor emails (#32906)
- updated gettor for newest tor browser alpha
- GetTor's github links are now fully working again (#32393)
- more grant writing
- merge and run gettor script to update gitlab links and files
- finish work on snowflake throughput checks (#32938)
- roadmapping meeting
- write up GSoC projec descriptions for pili
- look at reports of shadow socks blocking
- switch github gettor provider to new repository (#32977)
- check in on censorship measurements again
Needs help with:
- review of #31971 (from tor browser team)
- review of #32711 (from phw)
- merged #32499
- read up on turbo tunnel
- pick a new task (#31902, #31201, #19026, ?)
- deleted the non-IPv6 Snowflake broker (#32502)
- filed a ticket for a needed Let's Encrypt upgrade (#32964)
- turbo tunnel in Snowflake
cjb: last updated 2019-01-16
- came up with a patch for #31011, testing seems difficult, will ask
for help in the ticket.
More information about the tor-project