[tor-project] Tor Browser team meeting notes, 17 Sep 2018
gk at torproject.org
Thu Sep 20 11:35:00 UTC 2018
On Monday we had our weekly Tor Browser meeting. For the IRC log see:
Notes from our pad are pasted below:
Tor Browser Meeting Notes
Monday September 17, 2018
-state of the onion talks (GeKo: pad for collecting ideas
-sessions for the team meeting day (GeKo: Added a Tor Browser 8
retrospective; two sessions are place holders for stuff popping on on 9/27)
-next meeting (GeKo: Will be in Mexico!)
mcs and brade:
- Did some testing and created a patch for #26146
(`general.useragent.override` does not spoof the platform part)
- Followed up on various desktop onboarding issues:
- #27483 (dialog closure is effectively treated as "read",
causing screen advancement).
- #27484 (unintuitive not-navigation buttons, starting with
"Circuit Display" / "See My Path")
- #27485 (user not taught *how* to open the security-slider dialog)
- Filed #27623 (wrong default pref values in Tor Browser 8.0).
- Reviewed #26381 (about:tor page does not load on first start on
- Reviewed several smaller patches.
- Commented on #27691 (reset bootstrap progress when enough things
- Helped with triage of incoming tickets.
- We will be away from keyboard on Friday September 21.
- Review Richard's revised patch for #26381 (about:tor page does not
load on first start on Windows).
- Create a patch for #27623 (wrong default pref values in Tor
- Help with code reviews.
- Work on other 8.0 follow up tickets.
- Help with triage of new tickets.
- Review our notes from #22074 (undocumented bugs since FF52esr) and
file additional tickets if necessary.
- mainly worked on tbb-8.0.1-can tickets (e.g. #26624, #27264,
#27507, #27543, #27546 #27663, #27469, #26556, and #27535)
- triaging incoming bug reports for 8.0
- tjr/sukhe: where are we with respect to
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1470772 (aka #26476)?
- reviewing and merging remaining things for 8.0.1 and 8.5a2
- building 8.0.1 and 8.5a2 and signing both
- triaging ff60-esr items
- back to "paper" work: release doc update and design doc update
- Mexico meetings preparation
- i will be afk 9/24 and 9/25
- Worked on #25764(making the mobile version of the circuit
- Finished the #26690(padlock for mobile)
- Finish #25764
- Investigate more fingerprint attacks on mobile
- fixed up patch for #26540 (pdf range requests)
- updated patch for #26381 (windows sandboxing race condition)
- started looking into #3600 (cookie redirects)
#3600 in earnest
mozilla all-hands travel planning
Worked on Restarting Gecko during First Run
Began evaluating the Tor API
Give feedback on Tor's API
Finish branch for restarting Gecko
Work on patch for TBA only having Private Tabs
Note: I'll be away for the beginning of the meeting due to an
unexpected conflict (GeKo: That's fine :) ) (not a discussion topic)
- was afk until Friday
- made patch for #27552 (fix Tor Browser 8 on CentOS/RHEL 6)
- reviewed the patch for #27546 (Vertical scrollbar is broken on
Linux in Tor Browser 8 with Gtk3)
- answered comment on binutils issue:
- look at #27508 (issue with libstdc++ on some systems)
- help with building/publishing the new releases
- get the testsuite running on nightly builds
- more testing, create trace for
https://bugs.torproject.org/27110 (TBB segfaults on I/O error and
silently fails to restart)
- Last week:
- Wrote or revised patches for
- https://bugs.torproject.org/26555 (new circuit display shows
- https://bugs.torproject.org/27097 (add "tor news" newsletter
- https://bugs.torproject.org/27427 (Fix no Script IPC for
- https://bugs.torproject.org/27478 (torbutton dark theme)
- https://bugs.torproject.org/27506 (onboarding bubble for rtl
- https://bugs.torproject.org/27542 (saving websites locally loses
- https://bugs.torproject.org/27175 (noscript plugin does not save
per-site permissions) [what should we do here?]
- https://bugs.torproject.org/27752 (network settings dialog does
not switch to meek smoothly)
- https://bugs.torproject.org/27621 (idea: port tb-manual to lektor)
- Met with loca lab to discuss Tor Browser locales
- Met with Mozilla Tor uplift team
- This week:
- More tbb-8.0-issues/tbb-8.0.1-can
- Finally uplift permissions/FPI patch (if time)
- optimistic socks?
- Worked on #25164 - Reproducible Tor Browser for Android Builds
(pausing for now, moving on to other trac issues). Currently program
outputs specific items in dex file that are different between builds.
- Source Code: https://github.com/sisbell/dexd
- Crate: https://crates.io/crates/dexd
- Integrate and test rust program output (from #27438) with RBM
build for android-toolchain
- Work on #26696, #26597, #27441
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project