[tor-project] HOPE July 20-22

George george at queair.net
Wed Feb 7 17:00:00 UTC 2018

We are currently in heavy planning for a TPO presence at HOPE in NYC.
It's a large audience with many currently or potentially interested in
the project.

The TPO plans include:

* some people replying to the CFP to do presentations on both technical
and non-technical topics.

* workshops on specific Tor topics.  Topics can be large and small, but
hands-on is good. Think "how do I install on an Android phone?" or "how
do i teach others about Tor?"

We queried for a table and "lounge" space where workshops could be held,
and are awaiting more information.  We are unclear when the CFP closes.

At this point, a good core of TPO people will be attending, but more
people means more workshops and bodies at the table. We are working out
a lot of other details, including a Saturday night social event, a
banner for the table, etc.

We are maintaining a pad at https://pad.riseup.net/p/TorHOPEplanning

Once we find out the status of the table/lounge and CFP closing, we can
hold another #tor-meeting session and continue finalizing details.

Input/comments requested, including more people interested in tabling,
presenting or hosting a workshop.

34A6 0A1F F8EF B465 866F F0C5 5D92 1FD1 ECF6 1682