[tor-project] Tor powers digital resistance with help from Mozilla

Shari Steele ssteele at riseup.net
Tue Oct 24 21:12:13 UTC 2017

> On Oct 24, 2017, at 1:42 PM, Paul Syverson <paul.syverson at nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 01:26:11PM -0700, Tommy Collison wrote:
>>
> [snip]
>>
>> As a general reminder, Mozilla's matching program applies to every
>> donation method -- credit card, bitcoin, checks in the mail, etc. etc.
>
> Will they match Amazon Smile donations? Just curious.

Hey Paul.
You started quite a hunt here in the office, trying to clearly establish the trail the Amazon Smile donations take.  We can now confirm that those donations are deposited directly into our bank account periodically, and they never hit our donation database.  So we will not be asking Mozilla to match that money.

Mozilla is being extremely generous with us, and we could ask them to include the Amazon Smile deposits, but I kinda feel like that's cheating, since those are already given in part based on Amazon's generosity.
Shari