[tor-project] GSoC Student Introduction 2017

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Fri May 26 12:38:00 UTC 2017

iry:
> Yawning Angel:
>> If you're going to encrypt it, it's probably not that useful to
>> send it to a mailing list.
>
> Hi Yawning! Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I am sorry about
> the inconvenience. The following is the plain text of the email.
>

> Hi gk!
>
> Thank you so much for your feedback! I find the information you offered
> really helpful!
>
> Georg Koppen:
>> You should double-check
>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/21951,
>
> Thank you for telling me about the ticket. I have left a comment on the
> ticket, seeking for a further discussion on the topic!
>
>> especially Linda et.al.'s paper in the attachment.
> They already made a usability study
>> showing design changes that would significantly improve the
>> usability.
>
> Thank you for mentioning this! Linda's paper is very useful and
> inspiring to me. I have had her latest paper with the help of Patrick
> for a while. I have taken it as an important reference to the design of
> anon-connection-wizard.
>
>> We are going to implement a lot of those findings later this year
>> in Tor Launcher.
>

> That sounds really exciting! I am looking forward to the future version
> of the Tor Launcher. I actually would like to learn more about and keep
> up with the progress of the Tor Launcher because I see a potential
> beneficial cooperation between Tor Launcher and anon-connection-wizard.
> Do you think it will be a good idea to jump in tbb-dev mailing list? Or
> could you please tell me the best way to do so?

I think watching the tbb-dev mailing list is a good idea, yes. Then we
have #tor-dev on OFTC's irc network where we usually discuss designs and
implementation plans as well. And we have regular Tor Browser meetings
there on Mondays 1800 UTC (although next week we'll move that to Tuesday
1800).

Georg