[tor-project] GSoC Student Introduction 2017

iry iry at riseup.net
Sat May 13 14:21:22 UTC 2017

Yawning Angel:
> If you're going to encrypt it, it's probably not that useful to
> send it to a mailing list.

Hi Yawning! Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I am sorry about
the inconvenience. The following is the plain text of the email.

Hi gk!

Thank you so much for your feedback! I find the information you offered
really helpful!

Georg Koppen:
> You should double-check
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/21951,

Thank you for telling me about the ticket. I have left a comment on the
ticket, seeking for a further discussion on the topic!

> especially Linda et.al.'s paper in the attachment.
They already made a usability study
> showing design changes that would significantly improve the
> usability.

Thank you for mentioning this! Linda's paper is very useful and
inspiring to me. I have had her latest paper with the help of Patrick
for a while. I have taken it as an important reference to the design of
anon-connection-wizard.

> We are going to implement a lot of those findings later this year
> in Tor Launcher.

That sounds really exciting! I am looking forward to the future version
of the Tor Launcher. I actually would like to learn more about and keep
up with the progress of the Tor Launcher because I see a potential
beneficial cooperation between Tor Launcher and anon-connection-wizard.
Do you think it will be a good idea to jump in tbb-dev mailing list? Or
could you please tell me the best way to do so?

Thank you very much, Georg! I really appreciate your help!

Best,
iry