[tor-project] June 2017 grants report

Tommy Collison tommy at collison.ie
Wed Jul 5 21:38:26 UTC 2017

Hello, Tor!

For those of you who don't know me, I'm the new grant writer -- I work
closely with the communications and community teams.

Here's what I got up to in my first full month on the job.

## June 2017

- Onboarded @ Tor, put a face and a name to folks I've been
following/interacting with for years.
- Met folks at the network team meeting in Wilmington [1]. Started
thinking about how to make it easier & faster to onboard people into the
Tor community.
- Familiarized myself with Tor's current grants and sponsors.
- Submitted a grant to improve & expand Tor Metrics.
- Familiarized myself with Foundation Center, a resource for
grant-writers to find funders in their fields [2].
- Started a bunch of grants due this month.

TC

--
[1] https://blog.torproject.org/blog/network-team-hackfest-wilmington-watch
[2] http://foundationcenter.org