[tor-project] meek-azure funding has run out

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Mon Jan 9 22:59:55 UTC 2017

The grant I was using to pay for meek-azure ran out at the end of 2016.
It was for $10,000 and it paid for meek-azure and meek-google (until the
latter was shut down) throughout 2016. I can support it personally for
maybe one more month but after that I'll have to shut it down.

>From these graphs you can see that meek continues to be very popular,
with both backing bridges constant pushing against the rate limits we
imposed to control costs. I had hoped that by now we would find a way to
pay for sustained deployment, but it hasn't happened.
https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/F4AD82B2032EDEF6C02C5A529C42CFAFE516564D
https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/AA033EEB61601B2B7312D89B62AAA23DC3ED8A34
If someone wants to take over the service and raise funds I'm happy to
let you. I've been able to manage keeping on top of monthly invoices and
all that, but it's not my strong suit.

I don't have any problem with continuing to run the bridge that the CDN
forwards to, as that is much less expensive than the CDN, like $20/month
rather than $600/month.