[tor-project] We're bricking up #nottor; keep your eyes open

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sat Feb 11 21:12:24 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

After another round of irc crazy, we're moving forward with the plan of
bricking up the #nottor irc channel:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2016WinterDevMeeting/Notes/TakeBackCommunityChannels

velope is going to do the actual bricking in the next few days, once
he's tied up some loose ends. (Maybe I'll be the one to run the actual
commands, so it's got my name on it and it's more clear what's going on.)

So, be on the lookout for more misbehavior than usual in the coming days.
If you want to help but you don't know how to, let one of us know on irc
and we'll try to help you help.

Also, if we wanted to do some of the other transitions on that page, like
more work on making the mailing lists better, now could be a good time. :)

--Roger