[tor-project] Network team meeting notes from 21 August
nickm at freehaven.net
Tue Aug 22 17:59:16 UTC 2017
We had a meeting yesterday. Logs at
Network team meeting, 21 August 2017 (1700 UTC)
Announcements and requests:
- review-group-22 !!!!!1!
- Out this week: mikeperry, isis, ahf, maybe isabela will miss the meeting
- Less than one month in 0.3.2.x merge window
- Maybe review the Montreal meeting schedule I just did this
- Last week:
* Holidays in sunny northern Australia
* endosome can do bidirectional circuit crypt and digest, next
stop, streams! [asn:https://github.com/teor2345/endosome]
- This week:
* Catch up on emails
* Catch up on PrivCount in Tor
* Re-plan PrivCount Experimental for the next few months, as
the last release went over time
- We got #20657 merged upstream! That's a huge part of prop224!!!
- Fixed a few bugs in the client-side branch (#17242) and it's now
in needs_review for Nick. See #17242 for more details.
- Found a few more #20657 bugs and fixed them in branch
`ticket20657_032_05`. Also addressed #23110 as part of it. See last
comment of #17242 for more
- Pushed fix for #23233 -- bug found by haxxpop.
- Updated the prop224 upstreaming pad with the latest
- This week will be more prop224 testing, debugging and bug fixing.
We know there are a few more bugs on our prop224 codebase that we need
to fix and this is a good time to hunt them down.
- Address any review points by Nick on #17242 etc.
- I will be AFK tomorrow and most of Wednesday. Will be back on Thursday.
- Away on vacation
- Hacked up HTTP CONNECT support #22407
- Tried to say constructive things about censorship, speech, and technology.
- Review lots of things.
- Another 0.3.1.x release? rc?
- Catch up on emails
- Write proposals about authority refactoring
- Maybe, write a proposal about TLS 1.3
- Try to schedule a privcount-in-tor meeting. (first, get
privcount designers + implementors. Then invite everyone else.)
- Finish up event and error list for torlauncher improvements (w catalyst)
- I found ourselves an Ubuntu packager! :D
- Catch up on all the things.
- Review #17242
- Do some more prop224 testing and bug fixing
- Give some love to 031/032 bugs
- I wont be at the meeting because I am still on vacation but
back tomorrow (tues 22)
- I have a question to the team regarding mcs/brade wish list
for Tor Launcher progres bar:
https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-client-progress / TB team needs to start
building the new experience: https://marvelapp.com/3f6102d so we need
to know: 1. What the network team can do on this list? and 2. how long
it will take?
- I also have a question to isis (but I know they won't be
online till after the
22nd)re:https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/15967 which is
another dependency the TB team has in order to build that experience.
(obs: their deadline to build it is EOM November).
- Once I am back from vacation I plan on picking up some
sponsor4 reports of completed deliverables
- Got an answer from Nick re:PT community meeting organized by
Internews in Boston. I will ask them what days are more important for
us to participate to see how we can do it.
Last week (2017-W33):
- bug triage
- HR stuff
- digging into bootstrap progress reporting
- blog post fallout (#23270)
- wrote some hopefully helpful things on membership proposal
thread (+1 --dgoulet)
This week (2017-W34):
- more work on bootstrap/PT progress reporting
- Porting forward cell tracing code dgoulet originally wrote in
order to rerun KIST experiments with the KIST we intend to merge
- I now want to take up dgoulet on his offer to let me unload KIST
review responsibility. I'll always be around for questions, of course.
- KIST ticket is #12541
More information about the tor-project