[tor-project] oniongit update

Silvia [Hiro] hiro at torproject.org
Tue Aug 22 09:34:38 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have heard back from gitlab after reaching out directly w/ an issue on
their codebase (using the support forums is not the best options). They
have no intentions to support a version that works w/ JS disabled.

We should now decide if we want to continue w/ oniongit  or find
alternatives. I think patching it on our own is not an option. Some
other option could be to use a cli
(https://about.gitlab.com/applications/) or wrap a no JS small UI using
the APIs.

-hiro