[tor-project] Arranging new default obfs4 bridges

nusenu nusenu at openmailbox.org
Mon Apr 17 10:00:00 UTC 2017

David Fifield:
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:00:37PM -0500, Matt Traudt wrote:
>> I've expressed interest in the past about running default obfs4 bridges
>> and am still willing to do so.
>>
>> I'd like to hold off actually setting them up till its close to the time
>> that Tor Browser will integrate them. I hear it's better for the default
>> bridges to not advertise and I'd rather they didn't sit paid for but
>> idle for too long.
>>
>> You can find me on IRC as pastly.
>
> Matt says he can get some new bridges running quickly--say, in time for
> the next release of Tor Browser.

Since Matt also runs exit relays [1], would it make sense to add a logic
to torbrowser that *IFF* the user choose to use default bridges these
exits get excluded in that torbrowser's tor instance?

That would also be a possible workaround for isis's ticket about
noisebridge bridges? [2]

[1]
https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/335746A6DEB684FABDF3FC5835C3898F05C5A5A8
https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/09FA8B4F665AD65D2C2A49870F1AA3BA8811E449