[tor-project] Arranging new default obfs4 bridges

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Tue Apr 11 08:04:31 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:00:37PM -0500, Matt Traudt wrote:
> I've expressed interest in the past about running default obfs4 bridges
> and am still willing to do so.
>
> I'd like to hold off actually setting them up till its close to the time
> that Tor Browser will integrate them. I hear it's better for the default
> bridges to not advertise and I'd rather they didn't sit paid for but
> idle for too long.

Hi Matt, I think we are ready for the bridges now. Please send me bridge
lines when you have them.

The bridge lines includes the IP address, port, relay fingerprint, and
obfs4 parameters. The fingerprint is in
        <tor datadir>/hashed-fingerprint
and the obfs4 parameters are in
        <tor datadir>/pt_state/obfs4_bridgeline.txt
Example:
        Bridge obfs4 <IP ADDRESS>:<PORT> <FINGERPRINT> cert=hLMtj0qIlIL1/gz/LrfRsA8wQDKWlz20aMzELFNtCctJvEcd/9vTD4fJP02KcjcTCviuUQ iat-mode=1