[tor-project] Notes from April 28 2016 Vegas team meeting

Kate ailanthus at riseup.net
Fri May 6 18:54:37 UTC 2016

>From Tom Ritter:

> Would it be possible (if it isn't done already) to have a Wiki page
> with links to Tor articles? I had to search for a couple of these that
> sounded interesting.

Hi, we have an urgent need to post our clips to the press room
(https://www.torproject.org/press/press.html.en) for potential funders
and other people who are learning what Tor is. There is a ticket:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/18561 (Lots more clips
have arrived and are in .csv files on my computer, thanks mostly to
intrepid non-technical volunteer David Stanton, whom I recruited via
idealist.org).

It's a selected list of mostly good news, and it's big :)

Lunar has a project that also picks up press clips that could, with more
support, be added to the press room, but we'd still want to look at them
carefully before adding.

>> 7) Published second issue of newsletter for funders and external
>> nontechnical audiences who aren't following Tor closely (different
>> from TWN).
>
> Is this public? Can I find it/read it somewhere?

Yes, the audience for the newsletter is nontechnical potential funders
and people who don't know much about Tor, so, not us :) The newsletter
also focuses on good news. I'd like to house it on Tor web site; in the
mean time, it is likely to make it into the long-awaited Tor blog
redesign. It's opt-in; send me an email if you'd like to be added.

Links to the two past issues (works with Tor browser):

http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=cb2363bfebb14b91cd00ceaa9&id=c41f402d29

http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=cb2363bfebb14b91cd00ceaa9&id=9055ae1599

Also, TWN is not over; there's a job description for it being written.

Thanks for asking,

Katie