[tor-project] Onion sites vs onion services vs hidden services

Colin Childs colin at torproject.org
Wed May 4 07:34:38 UTC 2016

Hi Alison,

Just to clarify, the feedback I received was that "Onion Service" is
generally the preferred term; however "Onion site" could be used as a
sub-class of "Onion Service" to refer exclusively to websites. Due to
this, the user manual[1] has been changed to use the term "Onion Service".

That said, we are still very inconsistent about how we use these terms
in many other places.

[1]: https://tb-manual.torproject.org/linux/en-US/

Alison Macrina:

--