[tor-project] Infographic about Pluggable Transports

Nima Fatemi nima at torproject.org
Tue Jun 7 18:13:34 UTC 2016

Thanks for such a great input, George!

Hello Isis,

> I think such an infographic will be quite interesting.
>
> I feel that some of the most important PT numbers we are missing have to do
> with the bridge distribution problem. The way I see it, PTs and BridgeDB are
> two pieces of the same puzzle, and weirdly I've never seen any statistics from
> BridgeDB.
>
> Specifically, here are some example statistics that I would find interesting:
>
> - How many clients use BridgeDB?
> - Which distributors are used most?
> - Which PTs are asked most?
> - What % of clients are using Tor vs connecting directly?
> - What are the most popular client countries?
> - How many unique bridges does BridgeDB give out daily/weekly
> - Did BridgeDB usage decrease with the introduction of meek?
>
> Some of the above statistics might also require some privacy-preserving
> obfuscation before publishing.

Is it feasible and easy to extract (any of) the information George
listed above? I need to have all the information we want to put on this
infographic by the end of next week.

I've created https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/19332 for this.

--
Nima
0X58C4B928A3E218F6 | @mrphs

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall