[tor-project] Tor Dev Meeting in Jena/Germany?

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Mon Jan 11 10:50:16 UTC 2016

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 11:03:32 +0100
Jens Kubieziel <maillist at kubieziel.de> wrote:
> How to get here?
> Jena has no airport. The next airports are in Erfurt and Leipzig.
> However Berlin, Frankfurt/M. and Munich are a trainride (2-3 hours)
> away. Also several bus companies stop here (BerlinLinienBus,
> MeinFernbus etc.).
> So from my impression it is easy to get here, YMMV.

If I'm the only one that thinks travel would be excessive, then please
don't let me be the person that keeps this from moving forward (esp
since I will be moving internationally again RSN).

That said, going from East-Asia to Jena would comfortably exceed 30 h of
total travel time, and I don't see myself being in any condition to
navigate a train system to get to a hotel.

> What do you think? Should we move this idea forward?

But, like I said, I'm indifferent since I'm moving.  Though West Coast
US is on the candidate lists for some inexplicable reason, so travel
from there is likely to be fairly painful to most of Europe...

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel